Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Poem-a-Day Challenge

We're having a quiet week here in Jerusalem. Eric's had a few meetings, and so we've spent most mornings running errands, hanging laundry, and going to the playground, and afternoons napping or sitting on the porch. After dinner, Eric and I get some quiet time, and since we don't have a DVD player or English-language TV (or teaching prep!), we're doing much more reading and writing than we tend to do at home. Since April is National Poetry Month, I decided to take on the "poem-a-day challenge," and I'm trying to write a poem each night this month. So far, I'm three for three and feeling pretty good about it. Eric has decided to join me by doing a drawing a night, so we'll see how it goes for us in the next 30 days. Wish us luck!

Meanwhile, here's the picture of the day: Benjamin, asleep on the porch while I worked on today's poem. May you have a moment in your day as relaxing as this one!

1 comment: