Saturday, May 18, 2013

Community Garden

I wanted to post a few photos of one of my favorite spots in our Jerusalem neighborhood. Just up the street from our house, tucked between several multi-story apartment buildings, lies a beautiful little community garden. We pass by this garden several times a week on our way to the strip of shops -- including a supermarket, bakery, health foods store and bookstore -- we often frequent on HaPalmach Street. Eric pushes the double stroller up the the steep hill, and before we head down the other side to the stores, we often pause on this plateau, where several members of the community have installed footpaths, benches, and garden beds. In this garden, people are cultivating several varieties of flowers, herbs, vegetables, and even fruit trees. I love to wander through the garden and see what's growing. It gets me excited to work on my own garden when we return home to New Jersey...
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment